Thursday, July 13, 2023

Quite a Week

It’s been quite a week with the flooding all around me and the inability to get to work. Sleep has not been terribly easy for me this week. My CPAP is not providing the quality of sleep I’m used to, and the last thing I wanted to do this morning when my alarm went off was to get out of bed. Eventually, when I hit the snooze button and rolled over to sleep a little longer, Isabella couldn’t take it anymore and decided I really needed to get up and feed her. So, I did, but I did not want to. I just wanted to stay in bed. However, I had to get up, not only to feed Isabella, but also to get ready for work. Hopefully, the roads will be open, and I can get to work. I have several meetings and some tours to give today, so I can’t really work from home today.

Vermont has begun the long road to recovery, but more rain is expected today and tomorrow. Central Vermont is once again in a high risk for further flooding. Hopefully, that will not happen, and Vermont can continue its long road to recovery.

UPDATE: Thankfully, I was able to get to work this morning.

2 comments:

uvdp said...

Make sure Isabella doesn't wake you up in the morning: it's bad for your health.

JiEL said...

Cats aren't easy to educate but my three cats have learned that if I get up at 6am for a little leak it's not time for some meat canned food... They always have alot of dry food in the food distributer which is handy when I got on a days trip.

The most interested for morning treat is my 5yo Adam and even him now knows that 6am isn't the good time to come on my chest, purr and lick me...

For the Vermmont situtation, I've seen it on our CBC news and it'll take time and courage to get over all the destruction done in your state.

We had some of it but more around Québec city, Sherbrooke near the Vermont border and north of Trois Rivières.
We are expecting heavy rain, wind gusts and maybe some tornadoes here in Montreal but only this evenning.. Hope no tornado will be real..